Many of us spend at least part of the summer trying get away from it all to relax and re-energize. The Tennessee Magazine wants to see your photos of how you “Get Unplugged.” This could be anything you or your family do to feed your souls. Whether that’s searching for peace and quiet in the woods, going on a quest for adventure overseas, settling in at home to read a good book or relaxing at the beach, we want to see how you escape to recharge.
Subjects could be yourself enjoying your chosen activity, your friends or family members doing what they do to unplug or may not include a person at all. Use your imagination to catch the judges’ eyes.
Just keep in mind a few basics: Use natural light, make strong compositions and focus on interesting subject matter. Simple, straightforward images with defined subjects and strong lighting usually work well.
As you accept this challenge, please stay safe. We don’t want anyone to take a tumble in the name of the Shutterbug contest.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, you are considered a professional if you regularly sell your images or garner more than 50 percent of your income from photography.
- Photographs must have been taken by you.
- A photographer can enter no more than three photographs. There is no cost to enter.
- A completed entry form (below) must be submitted with each photograph entered. Omitting any of this information can result in disqualification.
- Extensive digital manipulation of photographs is prohibited. Limit the use of photo-editing software. Adjusting exposure, color balance, contrast and sharpness is allowed, but highly manipulating colors and content of images is not.
- Employees of Tennessee’s electric cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Please include the name of each recognizable person, if any other than yourself, in your photograph. It is the photographer’s responsibility to have the subject’s permission to enter his or her image in the contest. You must include the subject’s name and contact information with your submission. Omitting any of this information can result in disqualification.
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give The Tennessee Magazine permission to publish the winning images in print and digital publications, social media and on websites.
Shutterbug assignment: “Get Unplugged”
Submissions — mail prints or enter online
- Photographs must be entered as unmounted, 5-by-7-inch or larger prints or submitted online below. Please don’t mail your only print of a photo. Because of large numbers of entries, prints will not be returned.
- Enter online below or send entries to The Tennessee Magazine, Tennessee Pets Photo Contest, P.O. Box 100912, Nashville, TN 37224.
Entries must be entered online by midnight or postmarked by Friday, July 21. Winners will published in the September issue.
Judges will select a first-, second- and third-place winner in each division and age group. These prizes will be awarded: First place wins $150, second place $100 and third place $50.