Sweet summertime is upon us. Here’s hoping for a summer season full of adventurous trips, sunset boat rides and campfires! This Shutterbug Photography assignment is to capture your Tennessee summer adventures.
Images can be from any year but must have been photographed in Tennessee. Please enter any subject matter that captures what your summertime looks like. Whether these adventures are in your backyard or across the state in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, we want to see what summer means to you.
Subjects could include but aren’t limited to self-portraits or portraits of your family or pets, the scenery outside your window or from the front porch, any sports or the bounty of your garden.
You can enter photographs taken on a phone or with a camera. Judges will look at the quality of light as well as the composition and subject matter to choose the winners.
Images can include people or not, and they can be selfies. They must have been taken in Tennessee. As you accept this challenge, please stay safe and exercise social distancing. We don’t want any injuries in pursuit of a photograph.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, you are considered a professional if you regularly sell your images or garner more than 50 percent of your income from photography.
- Photographs must have been taken by you.
- A photographer can enter no more than three photographs. There is no cost to enter.
- All entries must be made online. We won’t accept prints for this contest. Complete the form below and upload your photograph(s).
- Employees of Tennessee’s electric cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Please include the name of each recognizable person, if any other than yourself, in your photograph. It is the photographer’s responsibility to have the subject’s permission to enter his or her image in the contest. You must include the subject’s name and contact information with your submission. Omitting any of this information can result in disqualification.
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give The Tennessee Magazine permission to publish the winning images in print and digital publications, to social media and on websites.
Photographs must be entered online by midnight (Central Daylight Time) on Friday, July 30. Winners will be published in the September issue.
Judges will select a first-, second- and third-place winner in each division and age group. These prizes will be awarded: First place wins $150, second place $100 and third place $50.