Most selfies are simple, straightforward shots, but we at The Tennessee Magazine are looking to expand the definition of the selfie. Your photographs could be autobiographical, representing who you are. The art of the self-portrait has been approached in countless ways by artists over the centuries. We are excited to see what you come up with.
As you accept this challenge, please stay safe. People have injured themselves in search of the perfect self-portrait, and we don’t want anyone to take a tumble in the name of the Shutterbug contest.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, you are considered a professional if you regularly sell your images or garner more than 50 percent of your income from photography.
- Photographs must have been taken by you.
- A photographer can enter no more than three photographs. There is no cost to enter.
- All entries must be made online. We won’t accept prints for this contest. Complete the form below to upload your photograph(s).
- Employees of Tennessee’s electric cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Please include the name of each recognizable person, if any other than yourself, in your photograph. It is the photographer’s responsibility to have the subject’s permission to enter his or her image in the contest. You must include the subject’s name and contact information with your submission. Omitting any of this information can result in disqualification.
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give The Tennessee Magazine permission to publish the winning images in print and digital publications, to social media and on websites.
Submissions — online entries only
To enter, visit tnmagazine.org and click on “Entry Forms” under the “Contests” tab.
Entries must be entered online by the end of the day on Tuesday, Jan. 16. Winners will be published in the March issue.
Judges will select a first-, second- and third-place winner in each division and age group. These prizes will be awarded: First place wins $150, second place $100 and third place $50.