In the last few weeks, we have all become more “homebound” than normal. Many of our daily routines have been turned upside down, replaced with being home by ourselves or with family and pets. It’s been quite an adjustment to shelter in place and stay safe at home.
We want to see the images you’ve captured while being homebound this spring. Please enter any subject matter that captures what it has meant to you to be home. This could include a self portrait or a portrait of your family, your pets, scenery outside your window or from the front porch. You could submit images you’ve captured while walking or out getting some fresh air. It could also show the garden you planted or the flowers you’ve picked.
You can enter photographs taken on a phone or a camera. Judges will look at the quality of light as well as the composition and subject matter to choose the winners.
Images can include people or not, and they can be selfies. They need to have been taken near or around your home or neighborhood. As you accept this challenge, please stay safe and exercise social distancing. We don’t want anyone to break their isolations for this Shutterbug contest.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, you are considered a professional if you regularly sell your images or garner more than 50 percent of your income from photography.
- Photographs must have been taken by you.
- A photographer can enter no more than three photographs. There is no cost to enter.
- All entries must be made online. We won’t accept prints for this contest. Use the form below to upload your photograph(s).
- Employees of Tennessee’s electric cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Please include the name of each recognizable person, if any other than yourself, in your photograph. It is the photographer’s responsibility to have the subject’s permission to enter his or her image in the contest. You must include the subject’s name and contact information with your submission. Omitting any of this information can result in disqualification.
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give The Tennessee Magazine permission to publish the winning images in print and digital publications, to social media and on websites.
Submissions — online entries only
Enter using the form below.
Entries must be entered online by midnight (Central Standard Time) on Friday, July 24. Winners will be published in the September issue.
Judges will select a first-, second- and third-place winner in each division and age group. These prizes will be awarded: First place wins $150, second place $100 and third place $50.