Fruitcake Cookie Bars
By December 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 7 dozen bars
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups candied pineapple coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups candied cherries red and green, halved
- 2 cups pitted dates halved
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 15-inch-by-10-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Add the flour and walnuts; mix well. Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the top with candied pineapple, cherries and dates; press lightly into dough. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.