Roasted Cranberry Vegetables Recipe
By November 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 carrots peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease two jellyroll pans with cooking spray. Place the carrots and parsnips in a single layer in one pan and the Brussels sprouts in the other.
- Drizzle half of the oil over each pan. Sprinkle half of the rosemary, salt and pepper over each pan. Set the Brussels sprouts pan aside. Bake the carrot pan for 15 minutes. Stir and sprinkle with the cranberries.
- Add the Brussels sprouts pan to the oven and bake both for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl and drizzle with the sorghum. Serve warm.
- Note: You can roast the cranberries alone with simply a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of rosemary. It makes a nice addition to grilled pork.