Sage and Walnut Pesto Potato Salad Recipe
By July 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned bew potatoes halved
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and beans. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-high. Boil gently for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic, sage, basil, oil, walnuts, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Transfer to a mixing bowl and gently toss with the pesto and reserved cooking liquid. Adjust the seasonings if necessary and serve immediately.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the oil, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to emulsify.
- When the potatoes have cooled, transfer to a serving bowl and add the shallots, garlic and avocados. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes. Toss with the red bell peppers just before serving.