Spicy Roasted Chicken Recipe
By September 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 4-pound whole roasting chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the oil, garlic, cayenne, parsley and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to emulsify and set aside. Place the chicken on a lightly greased roasting rack. Sprinkle the chicken with the black pepper and remaining salt.
- Gently loosen the skin from the flesh. Take the oil mixture and pour small amounts between the flesh and skin, rubbing with your hands as necessary to completely coat. Rub any leftover mixture on the outside of the chicken. Insert a leave-in thermometer, being careful not to touch the tip to bone. Truss the legs with cooking twine if desired.
- Roast 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 degrees. Continue to roast until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, around 40 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest 15 minutes before carving and serving.