Cajun Cornbread Dressing Recipe
By November 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 14 to 16 Servings
- 1 12-ounce package andouille sausage chopped
- 8 green onions sliced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cups cornbread cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 8-ounce package button mushrooms fresh, diced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups toasted pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13-inch-by-9-inch and an 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the sausage 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the green onions, celery, sweet onions and bell peppers. Cook an additional 5 minutes and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the crumbled cornbread and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute 3 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, around 5 minutes. Add the parsley and stir into the cornbread mixture. Add the pecans and seasoning and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the stock and eggs and add to the cornbread mixture. Stir just until moistened. Divide the mixture between the two prepared pans and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving warm.