Cheddar Corn Muffins Recipe
By February 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8-10 muffins
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place liners in muffin cups and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal mix, sugar and chives. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk and egg. Stir just until moistened and fold in the butter and cheese. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, filling almost full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.