Cheese Baked Greens Recipe
By January 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 cups leeks finely chopped, white parts only
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves finely chopped
- 2 cups kale or Swiss chard finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina or smoked gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11-by-7-inch or 8-by-8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the leeks, spinach and kale or chard. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and toss to evenly coat. Stir in the cheese and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Dot the top with butter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving warm.
- Note: To make this a one-dish meal, add 2 cups of cooked chicken, turkey or ham to the mixture.