Chicken Salad “Pie” Recipe
By December 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 1/2 cups roasted chopped pecans
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Drain the pineapple into a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and pepper at medium speed until blended. Fold in the gelatin, chicken, pineapple and cranberries.
- Transfer to a springform cake pan that has been greased and lined with parchment. Spread evenly, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or until set. To serve, invert onto a cake plate and gently press the chopped pecans into the side. Garnish with the parsley and serve.