Seafood Spread Recipe
By December 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 0.25-ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese cut in large dice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 6-ounce cans flaked crabmeat drained
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound cooked salad shrimp drained
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- assorted crackers
- Grease a 5-cup ring mold or a shrimp mold and set aside.
- Place the water in a small glass bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand undisturbed 1 minute, then microwave on high (uncovered) for 20 seconds. Stir well and let stand another minute.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the undiluted soup, cream cheese and mayonnaise over medium heat. Stir in the gelatin and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the crabmeat, onions, celery, black pepper, cayenne and paprika. Blend well. Transfer to the prepared ring mold and evenly spread the salad shrimp over the “top.” Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. Unmold on a serving platter so the salad shrimp are on the bottom. Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve with assorted crackers.