Coconut Granola Recipe
By April 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 5 cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 15-by-10-inch jellyroll pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and honey until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss together the oats and almonds and spread evenly on the jellyroll pan. Drizzle the butter mixture on top, then sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the coconut. Return to the oven and bake 7 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and stir in the cherries. Cool completely, stirring occasionally. The granola will crisp as it cools. Store in an airtight container.