Cranberry Chicken Recipe
By November 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and add the cranberries to the bottom. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over the cranberries. Drizzle with the honey and lemon juice and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, around 5 minutes total per batch.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and arrange the chicken on top of the cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, then drizzle with the orange juice and top with the zest. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve warm.