Cranberry Orange Bars Recipe
By November 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 32 bars
- 1 8.25-ounce package orange cake mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 16-ounce package powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries thawed 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup of the melted butter and 1 egg in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed. Blend well (dough will be thick) and pat evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and orange juice at high speed until well blended and smooth. Add the remaining melted butter and eggs. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar. Fold in the cranberries and spread over the prepared crust.
- Bake 42-45 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. The bars should be slightly gooey. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
- Note: Store leftovers in the refrigerator.