Creamy jalapeño and spinach dip Recipe
By September 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 2 pimento or mild peppers minced
- 1 sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 8-ounce package cream of mushroom soup cut in pieces and softened
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish and set aside. Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the jalapeño peppers, pimiento or mild peppers and onions. Saute 5 minutes and stir in the tomatoes and their juices. Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and vinegar, stirring until the cheese has completely melted. Add the spinach, pepper jack cheese, half-and-half or milk and salt, stirring to blend. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake 30 minutes. Serve warm.