Curried Vegetables Recipe
By August 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 3 red potatoes diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 small banana pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable stock or water, divided
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Place the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the onions and saute 3 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, peppers, curry powder, garlic salt and 1/2 cup of the stock or water. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook 5 minutes, covered. Stir in the peas and parsley and cook covered another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the cornstarch into the remaining 1/4 cup of stock. Add the coconut milk and stir until well combined. Stir into the vegetable mixture and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm over hot cooked rice or noodles with a garnish of cilantro.