Eggnog French Toast Recipe
By February 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 12 thick slices day-old French bread cut on the diagonal
- 2 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Arrange the bread slices in a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggnog, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large jellyroll pan. Using a spatula, transfer the bread slices to the baking sheet. Brush with the butter. Bake for 10 minutes in the center of the oven. Turn and bake until golden-brown but still soft inside, around 5 minutes longer. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Serve with a generous dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup.