Fresh Blackberry Iced Tea Recipe
By June 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 1/4 cups water divided
- 6 regular tea bags or two family size tea bags
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Place the blackberries and 1/4 cup of the water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer 3 minutes and remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 4 cups of water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add tea bags and sugar, stirring well. Allow to steep for 6 minutes. Remove and squeeze tea bags, then discard. Stir in remaining water.
- Strain blackberry mixture into the tea using a fine-mesh sieve. Press berries with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the solids. Transfer to a tea pitcher, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold over ice with a garnish of mint.