Green Bean Bundles Recipe
By June 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds whole, fresh green beans ends trimmed if desired
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon slices cut in helf
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice-cold water. After 2 minutes, drain and spread the beans on clean paper towels to dry.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, black pepper and cayenne. Set aside.
- Divide the beans into six bundles. Wrap each bundle with half a slice of bacon. Place the bundles seam side down in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture on the bacon. Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.