Bacon Green Beans Recipe
By June 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the beans in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook 5 minutes. Drain and plunge in a large bowl of ice water. Soak in the ice water for 5 minutes, then drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Add the onions to the skillet. Saute 4 to 5 minutes until soft and add the garlic and red pepper. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans and pecans and cook 6 minutes. Sprinkle with the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve warm.