Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
By February 1, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 large baking potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 1/4 cups milk divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons white pepper
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 22 minutes. Drain well and transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. Add ¼ cup of the milk and 2 tablespoons butter. Beat on high speed until the potatoes are fluffy. Set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the remaining butter over low heat. Add the leeks and saute 3 minutes. Add the stock and parsley. Cover and increase the heat to medium. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour. Add the potatoes, remaining milk, cream, bouillon, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth and heat for 5 minutes longer. Serve warm with a garnish of fresh parsley.