Miniature Spinach Quiches Recipe
By December 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
- 8 miniature frozen pie crusts thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley
and cook 2 minutes longer. Add the soy sauce, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in the cheese and the spinach mixture
until well blended. Evenly spoon into the pie crusts and place on a jellyroll pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand at room temperature
at least 5 minutes before serving warm.