Make-Ahead Baked Cheese Grits Recipe
By December 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Lightly grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish
and set aside. Place the stock, half-and-half and garlic salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil and gradually add the grits.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the eggs, cheese and butter, stirring until the butter and cheese melt completely. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake 40 minutes or until set. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving warm.