Mock Divinity Recipe
By December 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 20 candies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cover a large baking sheet with waxed paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Grease 2 small spoons and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and salt and place over medium-high heat. Attach a candy thermometer (see note below) and bring to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring to the hard ball stage or 250 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place the marshmallow cream in a mixing bowl. Gradually pour the hot syrup over the marshmallow cream, stirring until the mixture begins to cool and stiffen. (You can place in the freezer for 1 minute to reduce stirring time.)
- Fold in the extract and pecans. Quickly drop onto the waxed paper using the greased spoons. Cool completely (see note below), then store in an airtight container at room temperature.