Pecan Dressing Recipe
By November 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions peeled and chopped
- 8 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 16 cups day-old bread assorted, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Arrange the pecans in a single layer in a shallow baking dish and place in the oven while it is preheating to 350 degrees. Roast for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Turn off the oven and set pecans aside to cool.
- Place the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery and saute 11 to 12 minutes or until tender. Add the pecans, stock, bread cubes, garlic or salt, pepper and poultry seasoning, stirring to evenly coat the bread cubes. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Evenly spread the dressing in the prepared baking dish and bake 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.