Pimiento Cheese and Beer Muffins Recipe
By October 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 18 muffins
- 1 12-ounce bottle beer room temperature
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimientos drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups baking mix
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese crackers crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beer, pimientos, egg and onion powder. Add the baking mix, stirring just until blended, and then add the cheese (batter will be lumpy). Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups (filling 3/4 full) and sprinkle the tops with the crushed crackers.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and cool 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving warm.