Pull Out the Best China Herbed Squash Recipe
By October 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 06 Servings
- 2 cups yellow squash cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup orange bell peppers chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs seasoned, dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, onions and peppers. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, sugar and flour. Add to the vegetables, blending well.
- Stir in the tarragon and basil. Pour in the prepared dish and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake 1 hour or until the center is set. Serve warm.