Rainy Day Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
By June 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips semisweet
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, water and oil. Whisk until smooth and pour into the well of the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened; add the chocolate chips and pecans or walnuts. Evenly divide between the two prepared loaf pans and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Insert a cake-tester in the center and make sure it comes out clean. If not, bake 5 minutes longer. Cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely. Use immediately or wrap in freezer paper and freeze up to 4 months.