Roasted Winter Squash
By November 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 squash acorn or butternut, 1- to 2-pound
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoons salt kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place the squash with the cut sides up on the baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and honey. Stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is well blended. Brush the honey butter on the cut sides of the squash. Sprinkle the tops evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into large chunks and serve warm.