Salted Chocolate and Panko Cookies Recipe
By March 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 8 1-ounce squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place the baking chocolate in a mixing bowl and melt in the microwave on low power 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add the sugar, butter, eggs and extract. Mix well and add the flour and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- With a small (11/2-inch) scoop, place the cookie dough on the parchment about 2 inches apart. Flatten each slightly and sprinkle with salt and a bit of the panko. Bake 11-12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before cooling completely on a wire rack or serving.