Dill and Caraway Biscuits Recipe
By March 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup lard
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a cast-iron biscuit baker or skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, caraway seeds and dill. With a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut the lard into the flour mixture until you have small crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the milk and buttermilk. Gradually stir the flour into the milk until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a 3-inch cutter. Place with the sides touching in the prepared pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden-brown. Serve warm.