Sausage and Arugula Penne
By January 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces penne pasta whole-wheat
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 links chicken or turkey sausage thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage links and cook for 4 minutes, turning frequently until browned. Add the garlic, black pepper and crushed pepper. Cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes with juices and the reserved pasta water. Cook 2 minutes. Add the drained pasta and arugula and simmer until the arugula begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Garnish with the cheese and green onions and serve immediately.