Sorghum Cinnamon Rings Recipe
By October 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies (48 Servings)
- 2 cups flour all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 1 cup butter unsalted, diced
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, stir together the flour and 1/4 cup of the sugar. On medium speed, blend in the butter until the dough forms small pellets. Reduce mixer speed to low and stir in the sorghum and water, mixing only until the dough forms a ball. Divide the dough in half and flatten into disks. Wrap each disk tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough into a rectangle roughly 10 inches by 15 inches and 1/8-inch thick. Sprinkle the dough with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting with the smaller side, tightly roll the dough jellyroll-style. Dampen the edge with water and seal. Repeat with the remaining dough. Wrap each roll in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cut 1/4 inch slices from each roll and place on ungreased baking sheets 1 inch apart. Bake 16 to 17 minutes or until light brown. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.