Strawberry Cheesecake Refrigerator Pie Recipe
By April 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar plus two tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries divided
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed
- whole strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1⁄4 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Transfer to a pie plate and firmly mash on the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place 11⁄2 cups of the sliced strawberries in a shallow bowl and mash with a potato masher. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar, mix and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and extract in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the mashed strawberries and mix well. Fold in the remaining sliced berries and whipped topping. Spoon evenly into the cooled crust. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight before slicing and serving cold with whole strawberries.