Sweet Pear and Potato Casserole Recipe
By March 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ripe pears peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and bake for 1 hour. Unwrap and cool 10 minutes or until easy to handle. Remove peeling and place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 11/2-quart baking dish and set aside. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pears, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to the sweet potato bowl and coarsely mash. Stir in the ginger, cardamom, salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread in the prepared baking dish and bake at 350 degrees 17-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving warm.