Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
By January 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 teaspoons salt divided
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-high. Simmer for 20-28 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Add the butter, cream, sour cream, Gruyere, cream cheese, green onions, black pepper and the remaining salt. Crush with a potato masher until smooth. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the Cheddar cheese. Crumble the bacon over the top. Bake 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are bubbly.