Seafood Pasta Bake Recipe
By January 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups medium-shell pasta
- 3 cups cooked seafood crabmeat, shrimp, scallops or a mixture
- 3 large shallots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 8-ounce package whole mushrooms cut in large slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until barely tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the seafood, shallots, celery, peppers, mushrooms, cheese, parsley and almonds. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, sour cream or yogurt, wine, lemon juice, dry mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Gently add the pasta to the seafood mixture. Fold in the dressing to evenly coat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top with the breadcrumbs and drizzle with the butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving warm.