Warm Potato and Pepper Salad Recipe
By July 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/4 pounds small Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion peeled and thinly sliced in half rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a medium stockpot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the potatoes. Boil uncovered for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the bell peppers, onions and red pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the peppers begin to slightly brown and soften. Remove from the heat.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and gently toss. Drizzle with the dressing and olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve warm.