All-Time Best Peach Pie Recipe
By September 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 recipe double pie pastry
- 5 cups peaches fresh, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 teaspoon peach brandy
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of the pastry.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, brandy and jam. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir into the peaches and gently mix. Place in the pie crust and dot with the butter.
- Cover with the top crust and make several slits for steam to escape. Seal and flute the edges. Brush the top with the milk. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Tip: Place a baking sheet on the rack underneath your pie to catch any fruit juices that might bubble over the edge of the pie pan.