Beer-battered shrimp or fish Recipe
By October 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups beer room temperature
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds large peeled shrimp or 8 fish fillets
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the beer, flour, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Dredge the shrimp or fish in the batter. Fry in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes in batches and drain on paper towels. Serve warm.