Caramel Apple Cookies Recipe
By October 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 small Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 store-bought or homemade sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream toppings or sauce
- 1/3 cup brickle or toffee chips
- Place the apples in a small bowl and toss with the soda. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer for 1 minute at medium speed. Add the sugar and mix an additional minute. Reduce the mixer speed and fold in the peanut butter and extract. Spread evenly on each cookie.
- Drain the apples and distribute over the top of the cream cheese spread. Drizzle the caramel over the top and sprinkle evenly with the brickle or toffee chips. Refrigerate up to 2 hours or serve immediately.