Caramelized Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe
By November 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3.5-ounce package Merritt Pop Popcorn
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, pop the popcorn in the microwave according to the package directions. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper and lightly coat the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.When the sugar mixture comes to a boil, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and extract. Stir until smooth and drizzle over the popcorn, tossing to evenly coat.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.