Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
By November 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 28 squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 13 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until completely incorporated. Stir in the extract and flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.