Chicken Meatballs with Gorgonzola Cream Recipe
By January 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 24 meatballs (6 Servings)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 large shallots peeled and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly shredded fresh basil optional
- Place the chicken, garlic, shallots, egg, peanuts, Parmesan and parsley in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. With your hands, combine the mixture until well blended. Using a scoop or tablespoon, form the mixture into balls and place on a waxed-paper-lined platter. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and brown all over for a total of 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cream, Gorgonzola and tomatoes in a saucepan over medium heat. Gently warm until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining salt and pepper and basil, if using. Serve the meatballs with the sauce on the side for dipping, or place the meatballs in a serving bowl and ladle the sauce over the top.