Cinnamon Cream French Toast Recipe
By February 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 thick slices day-old French bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- maple syrup
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream at high speed until it holds stiff peaks. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and sugar. Gently fold the mascarpone and vanilla into the whipped cream.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon. Dip the bread into the milk mixture, flipping once to evenly coat. Place the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread and fry 2-3 minutes or until golden-brown. Flip and repeat on the other side. Serve warm with a dollop of the cream and maple syrup.
- Brown Sugar Pear or Apple variation: For an impressive additional or alternative topping, peel and thinly slice a medium pear or apple. Place it in a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes. Set aside to cool while making the French toast as directed above.