Cranberry Cream Squares Recipe
By November 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 32 squares
- 1 18.25-ounce package white cake mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 16-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Beat the cake mix, milk and butter on medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until well blended. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream and egg until well blended. Spoon and spread over the crust. Dollop spoonfuls of the cranberry sauce over the sour cream. Crumble remaining dough over the top and sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.
- Bake 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate 2 hours before cutting and serving.