Early Spring Pea and Ham Soup Recipe
By March 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 leeks trimmed and diced
- 2 19-oz cans split pea with bacon soup ready-to-serve
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the leeks and cook 3 minutes or until just tender. With a slotted spoon, remove the leeks and place on paper towels to drain.
- Add the soup, juice, carrots, ham and pepper to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Ladle into warm soup bowls and top with the reserved leeks.