Fresh Mushroom Pizza Recipe
By January 1, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package whole button mushrooms sliced
- 1 6-ounce package whole Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 refrigerated whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 Roma tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. Meanwhile, sprinkle a pizza pan with the cornmeal. Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle and transfer to the pizza pan. Arrange the tomato slices over the crust and sprinkle with the pepper. Add the garlic to the mushroom pan and cook an additional minute.
- Evenly spread the mushroom mixture over the tomatoes and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust browns. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the thyme. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.